Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dinner in 5

I am happy to promote another Vegetarian Plus product here. I heated a little sesame oil, threw in some "Citrus Sparerib Cutlets" http://www.vegeusa.com/Product4.html (again, these cooked fine from frozen although the box suggests defrosting first), a few shakes of toasted sesame seeds, and after about 4 minutes I added the unseasoned (cooked but cold) brown basmati rice and the cooked veggies I had leftover from the previous recipe. Stirred to heat and incorporate the sauce that accompanied the protein. That's it. Delish.

I threw this together one night last week when I had already fed the kids and realized I had forgotten what day it was and that the husband had band practice and would not be home for dinner. Ordinarily, I would just have a bowl of cereal. This was way better, with no hint of "lonely and a little pathetic."

So if you happen to see the Vegetarian Plus line in the freezer section give some of their products a try. I have been very impressed (based on my research of 2 products). The sauce is rather sweet with a definite kick, so it went well with the plain rice and the veggies that were just slightly seasoned. Note to carnivores: if these were any more meat-like I might find them off-putting!

No comments:

Post a Comment