Monday, June 7, 2010

Hiya



I am a lucky, lucky man. My wife Alycia is a flat out amazing cook and baker. So I get to eat a whole lot of incredibly delicious foods. She very rarely uses any recipes -- she just improvises and throws it all together, then next thing we know, a great meal is ready! The thing is, without a recipe, it can be real hard to reproduce dishes that are absolute home runs (and there are many) -- and it's not real simple to share these dishes with friends. So I thought, what would be great would be a cooking blog dedicated to Alycia's creations. After a while, we could search it and it would be like a cookbook. Thinking we'll have some recipes, some pictures, some notes (some wine pairings!) -- and maybe some color commentary by the chef herself. So, we'll see how it goes!

I've been talking about this idea for a while, but last night, Alycia's vegan lasagna put me over the top. Mushrooms, onions, orange peppers, and flat out delicious "meat substitute"...it was awesome (and animal friendly!). So, I may just kind of casually take some pictures while she's working the stove top or I'm prepping some veggies, take a few notes and see how it goes.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. I like to eat and I like to read cookbooks, but I usually do not have the attention span to follow recipes. Whenever I make something that turns out well, I always think that next time I will remember what I did this time and replicate it perfectly. But I don't write anything down, don't measure, and months go by and of course every time I make "the same" dish, it's always a little different.

    My fear that my cooking blog would devolve into a series of what-not-to-do failed experiments is why I have resisted for so many years.

    So, gee thanks, honey! And please, no pictures before I've had my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Welcome to blogland:-)

    ReplyDelete